“It takes a serious mind to analyze comedy.
– Jason Alexander
“The perfect bedside book.”
– Carl Reiner
“Informative, insightful, and really funny.”
– Mark C. Miller, Huffington Post
– Paul Provenza
A wide-ranging, fun-packed look at the principles and practice
of comedy, from its origins in pre-history to the worlds
of movies, TV, prose, theater, stand-up, and jokes.
Exploring the historical, mythological, anthropological, biological, neurological,
psychological, philosophical, and even theological underpinnings
of humor, the author concludes that (Spoiler Alert!) Comedy is God.
The single most popular book on comedy ever written by David Misch this year!
- Reviews the author didn’t pay for:
“I don’t know a more literate and hysterically funny resource.”
– Lou Marzeles, The Goldendale Sentinel
“The book lives up to its title… brilliant.” – Aimee Levitt, The Chicago Reader
- Misch in May…
– Saturday May 4, 6-8 AM (PST): “The Todd & Shannon Show”;
WROK 1040 AM, Rockford, IL – listen live.
– Sunday May 5: American Jewish University (Malibu);
Wine & Cheese Reception and Book Signing with Bruce
Ferber, David Javerbaum, Dan Zevin and Karen Bergreen
– Monday May 13, 3-6 AM (PST): Mancow’s
Morning Madness (Chicago; Talk Radio Network)
– At 6 PM, Windy Cityers can join me at the Chicago Public Library.
– Friday May 17, 8:30 AM (CST): 9NEWS (Denver)
– Sunday May 19: Colorado; JCC Boulder
– Tuesday May 20, 7-9 AM (MST): Pirate Radio,
104.7 FM (Greeley, CO); listen live.
– Wednesday May 22: Ohio; Toledo JCC
- David waxes philosophic on April Fool’s Day in The Huffington Post
(“Satire Is The Best Revenge”) and LA Weekly and endures 4 minutes of
brutal interrogation by Sandra Mitchell of KCAL Ch. 9 (CBS, Los Angeles).
- Jamie Reno (Newsweek, The Daily Beast, The New York Times)
calls FTB “the best book ever written about comedy”; some people
damn with faint praise – I almost fainted with the damn praise.
- You can hear David on NPR’s “The Dinner Party” at Itunes,
“The Dinner Party” website, and Funny The Book’s YouTube Channel.
David also went one-on-one with show-biz legend Joe Franklin.
- You want video? “Mr. Media” (Bob Andelman) calls FTB “masterful”;
see his interview here. And “Connie Martinson Talks Books” (one book,
anyway) with Mr. Misch: Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3. (Ms. Martinson also
presents interviews with less current authors, such as a Mr. B. Obama.)
- To follow on Twitter and/or/and Like on Facebook, click buttons on right.
No, the right-hand column.
Yeah, but up more.
See? Twitter’s just below the “Buy It Now!” button.
Yeah, and the Facebook “Like” is above the photos.
Yes, there. Sheesh.